State police at Lehighton
State police at the Lehighton barracks reported on the following incidents:
• At 8:50 a.m. Dec. 24, a complainant arrived at the barracks with a victim to report that the victim was assaulted by the stepmother. The incident reported occurred on Fox Hollow Lane in Polk Township. Police did not release any additional information.
• Troopers responded to a unit block of Britt Drive in East Penn Township for a domestic incident at 12:50 p.m. Thursday. On scene, officers said Gregory Everett, 50, of Lehighton, became combative when they attempted to detain him. He resisted arrest, grabbed and spit on troopers. As a result he has been charged with resisting arrest and simple assault.
• Police were summoned to Weissport at 5:09 p.m. Dec. 30 to investigate a criminal mischief incident after a 77-year-old Kunkletown woman reported that someone was accommodating a vacant apartment in the 200 block of Franklin Street. Police said random items were observed in the apartment and a broken window was located in the living room of the premises. Damages to the pane window were estimated at $50.
• On Thursday at 10:12 a.m., troopers responded to the 1300 block of Koch Road, in Towamensing Township, for a panic alarm. Upon arrival, it was discovered that no one was home at the time. This was the fourth consecutive response by state police in a 12-month period. As a result, the key holder for the property, Martha Cornejo, 73, of Kunkletown, will be cited.
• A 59-year-old Saylorsburg, Ross Township, Monroe County, woman reported her credit card number was used by an unknown person to purchase a $4,500 Peloton bicycle without her consent. The incident was reported on Wednesday.