Palmerton approves coaching hires
Palmerton Area School District’s board of directors took the following action on coaches during a meeting Tuesday night:
• Approved Chris Walkowiak as head football coach at $6,227, and assistants Fred Lesher, Mark Versuk, Mike Falcone, and Logan Lesher, each at $4,077.
• Approved Alfredo Ortiz as head middle school football coach at $4,077 and assistants Chris Frace and Matt Guedes, each at $4,077.
• Approved David O’Brien as head girls’ soccer coach at $4,095 and Lyndsey Heinrichas a half-stipend assistant at $1,344.50.
• Approved Alex Knoll and Mike Brennan as co-head golf coaches, each at $1,231.50.
• Approved William Zeky as head cross country coach at $4,095, and Kerry Jahelka and Tyler Svetik as assistants, each at $1,344.50.
• Approved Marsha Thomas as head volleyball coach at $4,095 and John Cronk as assistant at $2,689.
• Approved Lauren Michalik as head field hockey coach at $4,095.
• Approved Jen Denaro as middle school head softball coach at $2,689.