Northern Lehigh School Board — curriculum
Northern Lehigh School Board on Monday approved the following curriculum matters:
• An agreement with AccessIt! for a library software package including licenses for all four schools at a cost of $9,310, and an additional cost of $2,420 per year for updates, hosting, backups, storage and support.
• Approved the final agreement with CLIU #21 for Title I Services for the 2018-2019 school year in the amount of $7,045.
• Agreed to have administration participate in the Pennsylvania Youth Survey at no cost to the district. PAYS is an anonymous, confidential survey that is administered to youth in grades 6, 8, 10 and 12 throughout the state that collects information on mental health and youth attitudes and behaviors toward Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug use, as well as other problem behaviors.
• Entered into an agreement for one Northern Lehigh School District student with special needs to attend Hogan Learning Academy LLC in accordance with the promises and covenants contained in the agreement, which is effective Aug. 27, 2019, and terminates on June 5, 2020.
• Authorized proper officials to execute contracts for Title I, Title IIA, Title III, and Title IV for the 2019-2020 school year.
• Approved the following teachers as helping teachers in the Northern Lehigh School District Induction Program for the 2019-2020 school year: Allison Chruscial as a helping teacher for inductee Raquel Hoffert at a stipend of $800; Eric DeAntonis as a helping teacher for inductee Derrick Reinert, $800; Amanda Bariana as a helping teacher for Reinert, $200; and Lori Middaugh as a helping teacher for inductee Sarah Fink, $800.