McAdoo police report on incidents
McAdoo police released arrest information on several recent cases.
• A domestic call at 11:50 p.m. on March 14 led to the incarceration of Adam Lutz, 32, of McAdoo. Officers responded to the call on South Kennedy Drive and met with the parties involved. A records check found an outstanding arrest warrant for Lutz, issued by Luzerne County officials. He was taken into custody. A search was conducted and five wax packets of suspected heroin were found in Lutz’s pocket. He was charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia and turned over to Luzerne County authorities.
• Jennifer Brinson, 42, of Hazleton, was charged with disorderly conduct in connection with a March 14 argument with another woman. The victim told police she was in the unit block of West Blaine Street at 6:30 p.m. when Brinson escalated the exchange of words by pulling down her own pants and exposing her buttocks.
• Jonathan Burget, 41, of McAdoo, was charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia after he was found sleeping in his pickup on March 17. Police were called to the area of Cleveland and Jackson streets at 9:51 a.m. for what appeared to be an unconscious man. They found Burget, who repeatedly said he was fine. As he exited the truck, officers saw two wax baggies on the driver’s side floor. Burget said they were empty heroin packets, but admitted there were more bags under the seat. Four additional wax baggies and two Suboxone pills were recovered.
• On March 14 at 2:50 p.m., police were dispatched to the end of North Hancock Street near the flood control plain for a report of a fire. Upon arrival, police located a gas can and a pile of wire which was set on fire and still burning. The fire was extinguished and the items were seized. Jonathan Burget later admitted to starting the fire. He was cited for scattering rubbish.
• James Hill, 35, of Tamaqua, was charged with criminal trespass after he went to the Fegley Mini Mart at 2:15 p.m. on March 19 to pump gas. Hill had previously been banned from the property, with notification hand delivered by McAdoo Police. After reviewing pictures of the offense, police filed charges.
• Shanny Arzu, 30, of the Bronx, New York, was charged with simple assault in connection with a domestic dispute on Jan. 23. Officers were called to the 200 block of West Sherman Street at 10 a.m., where they met with the victim, who said Arzu had thrown a number of things around the house, choked her and smashed a window. Arzu fled the scene before officers arrived. An investigation determined she lived in New York. She was also charged with harassment and criminal mischief.
• Sean Anderson, 41, of McAdoo, was charged with disorderly conduct and unreasonable noise after police received complaints about loud music coming from his residence on West Sherman Street. Officers could hear the music from outside the premises at 12:05 a.m.