Jim Thorpe Sports Hall of Fame announces Class of 2019
The Jim Thorpe Sports Hall of Fame will induct its 13th Annual Class during a banquet on Aug. 17. The Class of 2019 will feature five individuals and one team.
Complete resumes for all the inductees will run on Saturdays in July and early August preceding the banquet.
Following are the members of the Class of 2019:
• Ryan Saunders II — A 2013 Jim Thorpe High School graduate who was an All-State football player.
• P.J. Johnson — A 2012 Jim Thorpe High School graduate who lettered in football, basketball, and track and field.
• Kayla Susko — A 2012 Jim Thorpe High School graduate who was a member of the cross country team and also a standout distance runner in Track and Field.
• Chris “Chopper” Figura — A 1991 Jim Thorpe High School graduate who was a state powerlifting champion and also played football, basketball and baseball for the Olympians.
• Ethan Smith — A 2008 Jim Thorpe High School graduate who was a 100-win wrestler during his career.
• The 1969 Jim Thorpe High School football team — The team had 6-2 record captured the Panther Valley/Carbon County championship.