Fern Ridge state police investigate thefts, break-ins
State police at Fern Ridge reported the following incidents:
• Police are investigating a break-in occurred at an unoccupied residence along Bracts Road in Chestnuthill Township, Monroe County. The incident occurred sometime between Oct. 13 and Nov. 4. Stolen were two water heaters, the rims and tires and chrome front grill of a 1988 Toyota parked at the home.
• Damage to the interior of a rental property on Tumbleweed Drive in Chestnuthill Township was reported by the owner, a 40-year-old man from Dingmans Ferry, Pike County. Anyone with information concerning the break-in or damage is asked to call troopers at 570-646-2271.
• A Monroe County man is the victim of credit card fraud. Police said a 70-year-old Effort man reported on Oct. 27 that someone opened a new AT&T account in his name without his knowledge. As a result the victim said $456.01 was charged to the account.
• On Oct. 23, at 2:26 p.m. troopers responded to Keystone Auto Sales, 2003 Route 209, in Chestnuthill Township, Monroe County, for a reported theft. The owner reported someone stole $4,608 from a downpayment from a vehicle sale the night before. The money had been kept in a desk drawer in the sales room. The investigation is continuing.
• On Oct. 19 at 3:56 p.m. troopers responded to a residence along Johns Road in Chestnuthill Township, to a report of an attempted burglary Police were told by the 45-year-old property owner from Bayonne, New Jersey, that someone attempted to cut off a lock on a shed on the property. Nothing was taken.
• On Oct. 19 at 5:02 p.m. troopers responded to a residence at Erie Court in Chestnuthill Township. On scene the owners of the property reported someone had driven an all-terrain vehicle on the front lawn causing damages. Damages were estimated at $500.
• Police said jewelry and a watch were taken from a Honda Odyssey van at a residence on Route 715 in Chestnuthill Township. The incident was reported on Oct. 14. Missing items were a gold charm bracelet, gold college ring with purple stone, three silver and one gold bracelets and an Apple watch. Total estimated value of the missing items was set at $2,840.
Anyone with information concerning this incident is asked to call troopers at 570-646-2271.